Thursday, September 24, 2009

14 Weeks

I've been a slacker this week....it's Thursday and I'm just now doing my weekly post and I have no picture of my belly to add. (Maybe if I skip a week, we can tell a difference!) This week has been busy for us: between work and Will working on the house, it seems to never stop sometimes. There will be an end to the house work, though, because we're trying to have everything done by the time the baby comes.
I've been feeling fine this week. Not really any symptoms except being tired. My weight has jumped up by about 5-6 lbs now, but it's been a slow rise in numbers, which I think is good. It seems like I gain a lb. or 2 and stay that way for a couple of weeks. I think because we're on our feet so much during the day it's helping with the weight gain...I sure don't hold back on eating sometimes! Especially the ice cream- I had some Ben & Jerry's Strawberry Cheesecake earlier tonight and last night (it's sooooo good!).
Some of my clothes I can't wear anymore and I feel like I'm at that in-between stage where I just look like I've gained weight. Hopefully, in a couple of weeks, I'll actually look like I'm pregnant.
I have my second doctor's appointment this coming Monday- it's just a check up so we won't get to see the baby, unfortunately. I've been ready my book "What to Expect When You're Expecting," each week and it says that right now the baby is about the size of a lemon or the size of my fist. It's crazy how fast it grows each week! I can't wait until I can actually feel it for the first time!
Next month is when we can find out if it's a boy or girl that we're having. We don't care one way or the other just as long as it's healthy. Those are probably the two questions that everyone has been asking: "Are you going to find out what it is?" and "What do you want to have- a boy or a girl?" We'll be happy with whichever God chooses to give us!
Well, it's time for bed. I hope everyone is well and I'll post pictures next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment