Tuesday, September 1, 2009

10 weeks

So, by now almost everyone should know that Lauren is pregnant! Yeeaaahhh! We decided to start this blog so that all our of out-of-town family and friends can follow the progress and keep updated on everything. Will and I couldn't be happier and are so excited to be able to finally share the news! It's been really hard keeping it a secret for so long, too! And I will try to update at least once a week, but we'll see how that goes!
Well, now I am 10 weeks along and we just had our first doctor's appointment, which was really exciting. We had our first ultrasound and got to see our baby for the first time. We were literally speechless when we saw it! (and the nurse even made a comment about how quiet we were) I said it's one thing to know that you're pregnant, but it's completely another to actually see it. We also got to hear it's heartbeat, which was a strong 190 beats per minute. It was a relief to find out that everything was ok and that I was doing well.
Here are some pics that they put on a cd for us:







The baby is on it's head in 3 of the pics, but the nurse said that it was normal, it just happened to be the position it was in at the time. We were able to see it kick it's legs around a couple of times when she would go over a certain part of my belly- very cool to see, again!
As far as how I've been feeling up to this point....I've just had really bad nausea and been really tired. I haven't actually gotten sick, which I am thankful for. The food cravings change from day to day, but the one thing I can't stand at all is coffee. If anyone knows me, they know how I looooove coffee, too- not now, though! I can't even stand the smell of it! And so far, I've only gained 2lbs. and even though I'm not showing yet, some of my shorts are getting pretty tight.
I'll wait to post pictures of my belly until I actually start showing.
Well, that's the update for now- stay tuned!













No comments:

Post a Comment