Wednesday, February 3, 2010

33 weeks







Check me out! Here at 33 weeks I've managed to maintain my weight gain of 30 lbs and I can't believe we have less than 7 weeks before William arrives! I've been more tired, had some swelling in my feet (and the infamous cankles only a few times), and I've had heartburn a couple of times. Other than that, I've been fine.


We had an appointment this week for an ultrasound to check out everything with William and myself since I've been measuring smaller, which I mentioned in the last blog. We are glad to say that both William and I are healthy and progressing normal! They estimated his weight at about 4.5lbs right now and said he will probably gain another 3lbs before he's born. Again, we were amazed at how much bigger he looked this time with the ultrasound! We even got a sneak shot at his "goods" and they looked gigantic! He seemed to still be a little camera shy, though, because we only had one quick face to face look - too fast to get a picture. Here are a couple of side profile shots we got: It makes us wonder even more what he's going to look like.









We've gone to two of our baby classes now. The first was the breastfeeding class, which lasted


2 1/2 hrs! Who knew there was sooooo much to learn about that! It seems to be a little intimidating with the whole getting them to latch correctly, but all I can do is try.


The other class we've been to has been the Special Delivery Lamaze, which will be 3 consecutive Mondays. At the one we just went to we learned about the signs of labor, when the baby drops, and some breathing/relaxation techniques. Will and I couldn't take the breathing/relaxation techniques too seriously and got the giggles - well, I got them so bad I was crying. Anyway, we'll see what we learn at the next class and hopefully, won't get too laughing so bad again.




We've also finally managed to get our furniture situation taken care of for William's room and have all the pieces put together now. Here are a couple of pictures of the room so far. We still have some things to finish...my mom is making curtains for the windows, a cushion for the rocking chair, etc. The squares on the walls are decals that can later be removed if we want to switch up the room. I'll post more pictures as we finish it.


And lastly, here is a picture of the construction themed cake we made: It took a lot of time to make and we thought it turned out great! We made all the pieces, including the dump truck.





1 comment:

  1. William = cute!!
    Room = looks awesome!!
    Cake = amazing as usual!
    Glad that things are good with you and the babe! You guys getting the giggles during a class- NEVER ;)

    ReplyDelete