Thursday, January 28, 2010

32 Weeks

So this past week has been a pretty busy one. My mom flew into Charleston last Saturday and we went to NC for my baby shower that was re-scheduled from Christmas. It was a quick trip because we were back in Charleston on Monday, but it was a lot of fun and I got to see some of my relatives from my dad's side of the family that we didn't see at Christmas. My aunt Rose had the shower at her house so I would like to thank her for letting us take over for a few hours. I would also like to thank everyone else, like Alicea, who put a lot into making it happen. And, of course, thanks again to everyone for all the wonderful gifts!
We all sat around after opening gifts and everyone told stories about themselves being pregnant or someone they knew. Everyone has such different experiences and all I have to say is that I am nervous about whats to come and I hope that it's a quick process. For one, I don't like pain and two, I don't want to think about the recovery. The two dreams I've had about going through labor have had it go by extremely fast and William is born before anyone has time to do anything. That's what I'm telling myself it will be like :) None the less, I know women have babies everyday and if they're like our grandmothers, they have at least 5 and they make it through it so I suppose I will.

Here are some pictures from the shower and yes, I did make my own cake :) :





On Monday, after we got back we went to the doctor's appointment I had and my mom was able to meet our doctor. She really liked her and obviously hopes that she is the one on call when I deliver. The appointment was just a check-up, but as I mentioned in the previous blog about measuring small, well, I still am....I am 32 weeks along now so I should be measuring 32 cm, but I am still only at 29 cm. Next Monday, we go back for an ultrasound to make sure everything is ok. Dr. Gregory isn't concerned about anything since everything has gone smoothly so far with the pregnancy, but she just wants to check everything out and make sure William is ok. I am not too concerned about it yet because he seems to be on the same schedule of boxing and kicking in my stomach and I haven't been feeling any different. The other thing that didn't change between the two visits was my weight - I was actually a pound less this time. I've been told, though, that William can be gaining weight while I do not. Who knows. I am extremely excited to get to see him again and probably won't be able to sleep on Sunday night! I'll be sure to post new pics from the ultrasound next week!
We go to our first baby class this week and we get to start off with Breastfeeding. It will be a 2 hour class so, I'm sure we'll get all the information we need and see a few too many boobs in the process. Our friends Amber and Justin told us about the video that gets played over and over again and about how they got cracked up over it. I still have yet to get a breast pump or even any bottle equipment or "breast equipment" (like nursing bras, etc.) so, hopefully, we'll have more of an idea of what to get after this class.
Well, that's it for now. It's time to actually start work this morning...I've got some red velvet to bake off. No weddings this week, but some other specialty cakes. Hope everyone is well!

No comments:

Post a Comment