Monday, January 11, 2010

30 Weeks



Can anyone tell I'm trying to suck in?
Just kidding - it's not at all possible at this point!
We've realized that my belly can look so different just with the angle that we take the pictures and it never fails - everytime we see someone who hasn't seen me yet this far along, they always say I look smaller in person. All I have to say is that the camera does add at least 10lbs no matter if it's a tv or real camera!
Anyway, I was a slacker last week and didn't post anything. I've been feeling fine, just the usual tired and BIG. I've now got an "outie" belly button instead of an "innie" and when I look down, all I see is belly. William (what I'll call him now since we're still not telling the nickname) is getting stronger with his movements and I've had another "first" with him this past week : he's been getting the hiccups! I thought it was really strange at first because I was wondering what in the world he was doing in there that was so consistent with his moving. I later read and remembered hearing from previous preggies that he can get the hiccups. I almost feel bad for him when he has them because sometimes they can last a while, but who would've thought?!
It's also really weird when I can look down and see him moving so much that it looks like he's going to come through my stomach. Or when he's positioned in a way that makes my stomach look like it's sticking out more on one side than the other. Being pregnant is such an experience and our time is getting closer for when he'll arrive and I just can't wait to see what he looks like!
We've continued to work more on his room and had a problem with one of the pieces of furniture
that we're still waiting on the replacements for. After we get those, which is supposed to come this week, we can finally get all the furniture set and start putting away clothes and get the bedding on the crib.
We also received our wall decals that we ordered and put those up this weekend. Since we're not doing the typical themed nursery, we went really different with the decorations. The wall decals are different sized squares that we started out small with in one corner and gradually went out across the walls with the squares getting larger. The description probably isn't very good, but we'll try to take pictures of everything when we get it all done.
On Saturday night we went and saw our friends Amber and Justin, who have a 5 month old little boy named Jackson. We saw them in the hospital when he was first born so it was amazing to see how much he's changed and grown (and them as parents, too!). It was definitely eye-opening while we were there, to say the least. We had a great time with them, though, and would just like to be closer to friends like that.
Well, this week we have another doctor's appointment. I start going every 2 weeks now so on Thursday we'll see how we're progressing.
Til next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment