Wednesday, December 9, 2009

25 Weeks






I have officially gained 20 pounds! We went to a dr.'s appointment on Monday and when I stepped on the scale the bottom of my mouth fell. I think I am starting to show it in my face now, which I'm not happy about. Despite this, the doc. said that I and our little boy are doing great and that my belly looks good. We got to hear the heartbeat and his movements are getting stronger and stronger - it feels like he's going to push through my stomach sometimes.




Also at our visit, we got our doc. back after her maternity leave, which we were very happy about. We told her we missed her and that the other doc. we saw was VERY different. She laughed and said that he had a totally different personality than she does.


It really makes a difference on who you see and how comfortable you feel so, we're hoping that when we actually go to the hospital to deliver we get either our doc. or someone like her. It will be the luck of the draw, though, because they all rotate who takes call.




At our next appointment, I will have the glucose test that will tell me if I have gestational diabetes. This will be right after Christmas so, hopefully, with all the sweets I'm sure I'll be eating, I won't test positive! I've continued to feel fine - I just get tired and my feet hurt at the end of the day. I've also been feeling pressure below my belly, which I think is due to all my standing (and growing). We mentioned it to the doc. and she said it was normal. I usually come home and sit for a while and I feel better.




In other news, we've been getting our Christmas shopping done. We are going to North Carolina this year so we will see everyone in my family, including both of my parents' sides of the family - and then we'll be heading up to Maryland to see Will's family. While we're in North Carolina, we will have our first baby shower, which we're sooo excited about!




This past weekend we went and registered at Target and Babies R'Us. While it was a lot of fun being able to "shoot" everything with the label gun, it was also very overwhelming trying to figure out what all we are going to need. Who knew that there were so many varieties of pasifiers (not sure if I spelled that right) and bottles and diaper bags and bath stuff and.....the list goes on. We did the best we could and the only two things we didn't put on the registry were diapers and clothes. We figured we're going to need those no matter what so, if anyone wants to get that, feel free to pick out whatever you'd like.




Well, it's almost time for bed so, I hope everyone is well! Can't wait to see everyone in a couple of weeks!




Oh, here is the fire truck cake we did last weekend:


No comments:

Post a Comment