Monday, November 9, 2009

21 Weeks


So these are a pair of my new preggy jeans that are sooooooo comfortable! You can wear them either way, but I usually wear them with the tummy band up. (Will's mom bought me these last weekend)


And here I am fully dressed- who knew those were preggy!
I was able to go shopping today for the first time by myself and talk about having to make choices...it was hard! I bought 2 more pairs jeans, a few shirts, and another pair of capris to wear to work. I'll have to get more, but I figured I had done enough damage in one day.
In other exciting news, we had our doctor's appointment this morning and got to see our baby again! We had the full anatomy scan done by ultrasound, which we're happy to report that everything with the baby and myself are as they should be - completely normal and developing on schedule! This was the ultrasound I've been worried and praying about the most since we never had any of the other tests done (down's syndrome, quad screen, etc.) so you can imagine how happy and thankful we were when the tech was going through everything and saying it looked good. She took about 50 pictures for the doctor and about 10 for us, which was cool. The whole process took about 45 min. so, it was almost like watching a short movie of what's going on inside of you, which is absolutely crazy and amazing at the same time.
The baby weighs a little less than a pound right now and I am up 15 lbs total for weight gain. We are both where we should be in weight and they said I was carrying very well. We're just continuing to pray that the remaining length of the pregnancy goes this smooth - we're less than halfway there now!
Our next appointment will be at the beginning of Dec., in about 4 wks, and we get to see our original doctor we started with, which we are so looking forward to! She's been out on maternity leave and we've had to see this other guy who we've not been to crazy about - he's just a little strange for our tastes.
Anyway, here are a couple of pictures from today's visit of the baby. Don't worry (mom), we made sure to get some where you couldn't tell what the sex was. These pics were taken just at the right spot where you can't tell what it is:
In the first pic, it looks like the baby is almost waving.
In the second, it looks like the baby is sucking it's thumb.










1 comment:

  1. Time for a new post! And I ran into your brother at Panera today :) Hope all is well!!!

    ReplyDelete